Neck Doppler Ultrasound
The neck is an essential structure that houses multiple blood vessels vital for blood supply to the brain and other areas. Doppler ultrasound of the neck allows doctors to evaluate blood circulation in this area and detect any irregularities in your arteries and veins.
What is Doppler Ultrasound?
Doppler ultrasound uses sound waves to obtain images of blood vessels and measure the speed and direction of blood flow. It is a key tool to detect blockages, narrowings or any other vascular abnormality.
Applications of Neck Doppler Ultrasound
This study is essential for:
- Detect arterial stenosis: A narrowing that can cause circulatory failure to the brain or other structures.
- Assess neck blood flow: To identify any irregularities that may be indicative of pathologies.
- Diagnosis of tumors: Identify masses that can compress or displace blood vessels.
- Monitor vascular status after surgeries or procedures in the neck.
Benefits of Neck Doppler Ultrasound
- Non-invasive: No incisions or surgical procedures are required.
- No radiation: Unlike other imaging techniques, ultrasound does not use ionizing radiation.
- Accurate and reliable: Able to detect even small abnormalities in blood flow.
- Accessible and economical: Compared to other imaging modalities.
Doppler ultrasound of the neck is an invaluable tool for vascular evaluation of this area. It offers a detailed visualization of the arteries and veins of the neck, guaranteeing accurate detection of possible anomalies and allowing appropriate medical care.
Requirements: By appointment | Hygiene in the area.