Theangiography bymagnetic resonance imaging (MRA) it's anon-invasive diagnostic imaging method that uses themagnetic resonance to visualize blood vessels in any part of the body. This procedure is especially useful for examining arteries and veins without the need to use ionizing radiation or iodinated contrast agents, which can be harmful in some patients.
Advantages of Magnetic Resonance Angiography:
- Non-Invasive: Unlike traditional angiography, MRA does not require catheters or injections into large blood vessels.
- Security: It does not use ionizing radiation, making it safer for patients, especially those who require multiple examinations.
- Image quality: It produces high-resolution images that allow you to see fine details of blood vessels.
- Versatility: It can be used to diagnose a variety of conditions, including aneurysms, stenosis, and other vascular abnormalities.
MRA is ideal for patients who need detailed evaluations of their blood vessels but cannot undergo invasive procedures or tests that use radiation. It is commonly used in the evaluation of:
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Peripheral vascular diseases
- cardiac pathologies